Cleaning and Checkups in Winnipeg
Our dentists and licensed hygienists create a relaxing experience for you here at Aqua Dental Wellness.
Your regular cleanings and checkups are key to having a healthy smile for life. Therefore, maintaining regularly scheduled appointments with your dentist is crucial. Your recall frequency may be twice a year or as often as your dentist recommends.
The first people you’ll meet in our office are our friendly receptionists. They not only help you schedule appointments at your preferred time, but they also do their best to answer your dental-related questions.
Dental receptionists work to keep our patients happy and our office running efficiently.
The next people you’ll meet are our licensed hygienists and dentists. Licensed hygienists perform dental cleanings and may also assist dentists with some procedures. So, what happens during a checkup and a cleaning?
What to Expect From a Dental Checkup
Here are the parts of a typical dental visit:
- Examination. Your dentist and/or dental hygienist use tools to get a better view of your teeth and the rest of your mouth to check for issues, changes, and cavities. They’ll recommend appropriate treatments or refer you to a specialist if they notice any problems.
- X-rays. Your dentist may require dental X-rays to get a clear view of your teeth or dental problems. If you worked with another dentist before and had recent X-rays, you might not need to take new ones. Provided you sign a release form, our dental team can contact your previous dental office and request copies of your last set of X-rays.
- Cleaning and polishing. The duration and type of dental cleaning that you need will be determined during your checkup. Your dental hygienist will be using instruments to remove plaque and tartar from your teeth. Food particles that may have been stuck will also be removed. Once the cleaning is done, your hygienist will polish your teeth to make them smoother.
- Dental education. Before you leave, your dentist and hygienist will talk to you about any issues they detected. They’ll also provide tips on improving your oral care routine at home. If you have concerns, this is the perfect time to talk to your dental team about it.
What to Do Between Dental Checkups
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day.
- Floss daily.
- Drink more water.
- Avoid biting on hard objects.
- Use your teeth only for chewing food.
Ready For Your First Dental Visit?
Call us today at 204-813-4077. We’ll schedule an appointment that works best for you.
Download One Of Our Free Guides Below
Book an appointment today.
Speak with one of our friendly staff members.
UNIT 3-1565 Regent Ave. West
Winnipeg, MB R2C 3B3